Raw materials being the dominant cost to agro-processing industry, the procurement system are a major determinant of their economic feasibility. Lack of persistent quality of agro produce in India makes it difficult to process vegetables and fruits. Fresh-O-Veg works in tandem with organizations and markets to achieve an integrated solution:-
- Setting quality parameters for consistency in agro produce
- Identifying geographies, best suited for procurement
- Analysis of varieties as per the climatic conditions and agro practices of the region.
- Develop different models of procurement (i.e. contract farming, forward trade, mandi buying, direct purchase from the farmers etc.)
- Phased development of the system with respect to quality, realization, reliability.