Food safety is about handling, storing and preparing food to prevent infection and help to make sure that our food keeps enough nutrients for us to have a healthy diet. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has been established under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which consolidates various acts & orders that have hitherto handled food related issues in various Ministries and Departments. FSSAI has been created for laying down science based standards for articles of food and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import to ensure availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption. Therefore, if you work in a food business or are about to start-up a food business then, it is imperative for you to be aware of the food industry regulations and their stipulations.
Fresh-o-veg expert team provides excellent regulatory advisory services to food businesses such as:
- Keeping the Businesses informed and up to date with new regulations
- Liaising with the Food Standards Agency and food law regulators
- Ingredient labeling and product information
- Safety and hygiene advice
- Preparing and updating Government documents and licensing